WHAT WILL WE SEE - WHAT WILL WE HEAR - WHAT WILL WE KNOW - HOW WILL WE REVEL?
MJR fishing is both a morning meditation to greet the waking sun and a competitive test of fishing skills in this year’s festival.
Any morning person that has brought a bottom or a floating rod, a soft fibre fishing net, and is willing to comply with the rules for recreational inland fishing can participate in the tournament.
The registration for the fishing tournament starts on Thursday and will take place in the Info Centre.
The final registration is on Friday 5:00 in the morning and the tournament starts at 5:30.
- Start of the tournament – Friday morning 5:30, and of the tournament – 10:00.
- The registration in the Info Centre starts at 5:00.
- Each fisherman is randomly assigned a fishing spot.
- Half an hour is given for necessary preparations.
- During the tournament, the participants can use a bottom or floating fishing rod with one hook.
- A spare fishing rod can be prepared for fishing and placed at a spot convenient for the fisherman.
- Participants of the fishing tournament must comply with the rules of recreational fishing and have a permit to fish in the Dūburys lake, Zarasai municipality (can be obtained at https://www.alisas.lt/paraiskos/l05_2)
- The fish must be kept in fishing nets from soft fibr. The fisherman is morally responsible for the well-being and life of the catch. The fish that do not meet with the requirements from rules of recreational fishing must be released.
- The fish caught after the end of the tournament are not registered.
- The weighing of the fish is carried out in each sector, and the fishermen must stay in their assigned sector until their catch is evaluated by the organisers of the tournament.
- The participant with the largest fish will become the winner of the tournament.